When talking about modern houses, the concept basically refers to design houses. And, among these design houses, the one-story houses have become one of the architectural trends with more follow-up.
Then, the reasons for this trend are reviewed and we analyze how this model perfectly adapts to the structural philosophy of MINKA HOUSES.
Make virtue of necessity
In the history of architectural trends, cycles are relieved and overlapped, which do not have to coincide at the same time and place.
There have been currents (such as, for example, the Baroque), which were based on recharging and ornamenting to the maximum constructions. Without going back so much, it is also possible to remember, decades ago, the sumptuousness and the ambitious deployments of some pharaonic works.
Betting on a one-story house does not mean investing in a small house, but opting to maximize the space and optimize the design and distribution of rooms and other parts of the house.
Needs in the domestic economy, on the other hand, have entered into a timely symbiosis with a renewed taste for the minimalist, that is, for the aesthetics of "less is more" and for functionality above all else.
Undoubtedly, this is a trend in tune with the line of action that has demonstrated, throughout his career, MINKA HOUSES.
The lace with MINKA HOUSES model
The ideas that shuffle, on the ground, MINKA HOUSES are in great agreement with this commitment to optimization. Not in vain, the name of this construction system comes from a particular type of Japanese rural houses, the so-called minkas, which were characterized by a certainly sustainable functionality, since they were built using natural materials (with a major role of wood) And a design of the most practical, which did not detract from them an iota of comfort.
The minkas, generally, had a single plant and this model is the one that the office of architecture of Joan Enric Ejarque Velázquez has wanted to modernize and adapt to the times that run. In 2016, for aesthetic and temporary reasons, modern single-storey houses have become indisputable trends. It is clear that they are not majority in a country, such as Spain, where, due to demographic and socio-political reasons, there has been an overexploitation of construction in height. However, they are gaining weight among a part of the clientele, which is committed to these state-of-the-art homes, which, in addition, have a high performance in terms of energy efficiency.
Therefore, MINKA HOUSES participates in the taste for this type of homes and, in fact, some of its last projects (which are realized in a record time and with very tight budgets) have been reflected in spaces with a single plant.
The conditions for building single-storey dwellings
On the other hand, it should be noted that it is not possible to build a single-storey dwelling on any surface. In this aspect, everything depends on the conditions of the plot with which is counted to build a house without stairs. It is necessary to be, consequently, to the indicated by the urbanistic certificate that issues the corresponding city council, which has 6 months of validity.
In this urban form, with regard to the houses of a plant, the following factors are taken into account (some are legal or normative and others are related to preferences):
- There are urban areas in which, for reasons of aesthetics, the heights of buildings must be equalized.
- The meters that can be built in a plant will depend on the own percentage of occupation that the plot allows, a factor applied to the total square meters of the surface.
- The backs have to do with the meters that remain between the house and the edge. That is, regarding the street and the neighbors. The regulations regarding them can prevent the construction in a single plant.
- Orientation (basically, related to the sun) is key to deciding whether or not to build a single-storey dwelling.
- It is necessary to take into account, in small plots, if the neighbors are going to construct it in height in the contiguous ones, since they could shade the area of the house of a plant.
- The inclination can complicate the lifting of a house of a single height. In fact, the abrupt terrains are more apt to save the unevenness through more than one plant.
- A geothermal study is essential to know how the land on which it is to be built is composed. For example, the existence of expansive clays advises cementing below the height line, which may imply the need for another basement-like plant.
In any case, the multidisciplinary team of professionals with MINKA HOUSES has the capacity to take into account the above mentioned arguments and to design the optimal one-floor housing project, within feasibility parameters.
Prevailing trends in single-family houses
Next, it is interesting to review some features in vogue in the design and construction of one-story homes. It does not mean that they have become commonplaces of these housing models, but they do represent increasingly followed guidelines.
- High walls. They earn all the possible height that can be expected in a home that will not have more plants and aesthetically define it with very clear lines. They will contribute to maintain the interior freshness and will allow to give the house a greater sensation of space.
- Rectangular shape . A new trend that is gaining space in front of the traditional square. It offers a longer image and facilitates the installation of large windows, which, in order to maintain privacy, can be covered by dark curtains. Likewise, these forms and their combination with the windows through which natural light will enter will contribute to the optimization of luminosity to enhance a spacious impression.
- The materials. These can be different: marble, ceramics, etc. Nevertheless, an interesting revival of a noble material and that confers much class is taking place. It is about wood. In addition to being a strong insulator and its compatibility with the environment, its choice (for example, in the finishes) adapts to all types of budgets. The wood, in turn, is one of the hallmarks of MINKA HOUSES, which should be noted that it is obtained through sustainable practices. The savings in air conditioning devices associated with its thermal insulation property contribute decisively to the energy efficiency of a plant house.
- Light colors. Do not abuse the dark colors or a large profusion of furniture in a single-storey house. This overload of elements will create a feeling of overwhelm and will make the smallest plant appear. Therefore, it is preferable to choose the white color and its combination with other clear and neutral. In this way, the lines of the house are stylized and a greater sense of space is achieved. In addition, the use of Class A paint is recommended due to its higher strength and durability.
- Extra savings. It is something that is closely related to the choice of colors. Therefore, it is advisable not to fail to choose them. If you are successful with these combinations, you will not need extraordinary expenses in decoration and interior design (it is worth remembering the maxim of interiorism that says "less is more"). Therefore, superfluous expenses and investments that could even create a more dull and opaque environment will be avoided. Likewise, this tendency to reduce excesses will also mean that housing will produce less maintenance costs.
In short, MINKA HOUSES ' custom design and construction model is ideal for concentrating a kitchen, dining room, bedrooms and bathroom in a single floor. Always to the taste of each client and with the technical advice of professionals.